We are dedicated to coaching you through the myriad of decisions surrounding your health insurance and are committed to getting you into a plan that’s right for you. There is no additional cost to working with a broker, so let us help you.
A Health Savings Account (HSA) combines high deductible health insurance with a tax-favored savings account. Money in the savings account can help pay for qualified out-of-pocket medical expenses. Funds left in the savings account earns interest and is yours to keep.
- Is covered by an HSA-compatible health plan
- Is not covered by other health insurance (except certain types of limited coverage)
- Is not enrolled in Medicare
- Is not claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return
– Children cannot establish an HSA – Eligible spouses can establish their own HSA
- Individual: $3,450
- Family: $6,850
2019 IRS Maximum Allowable Contribution Limits
- Individual: $3,500
- Family: $7,000
- Health Savings account holder
- Age 55 or older (regardless of when in the year an account holder turns 55)
- Not enrolled in Medicare (if an account holder enrolls in Medicare mid-year, catch-up contributions should be prorated)
Authorized Signers who are 55 or older must have their own HSA in order to make the catch-up contribution.
- “Limited purpose” flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs) that restrict reimbursements to certain permitted benefits such as vision, dental, or preventive care benefits.
- “Post-deductible” FSA or HRAs that only provide reimbursement after the minimum annual deductible has been satisfied under the HDHP.
Bend Health Insurance
If you need a premium tax credit (subsidy), you must enroll through the Marketplace.
See the income levels needed to qualify for a subsidy here.
Important: To enroll direct (not through the Healthcare.gov Marketplace), please go to the company page through enrollment links we provide here.
Call us with questions or for help. Thank you!!
Moda Health is a Portland, Oregon based company. They currently provide medical and dental insurance plans in Oregon and Alaska. They have been in operation since 1955, and were originally opened as a dental insurance company. They have evolved too serve a much larger number of members. They aim to provide their members with innovative, up to date and “evidence-based” health plans as well as excellent customer service. Moda has diverse provider networks as well as a variety of plan options that feature their additional member programs.
PacificSource Health Plans has been providing their clients with excellent customer service since 1933. PacificSource is an independent, not-for-profit community health plan that values partnership, service excellence, community, and personal relationships. They aim to offer comprehensive plans with a wide variety of options. Beyond their health plans they offer many programs for their customers to maintain healthy lifestyles overall.
You can pay your premium in the following ways:
- Pay your premium online
- Pay through your myProvidence account
- Pay by phone at 888-821-2097, anytime
- Mail a personal check to Providence Health Plan, PO Box 5728, Portland, OR 97228
Include your 9-digit subscriber ID as the account number, or in the memo area of your check.
Regence is founded on the necessary principles to assure that your premium dollars are going where they will be best utilized. They thrive on ethical decision making and making sure they are acting in their customers best interest. They currently service Oregon, Washington Idaho and Utah. They maintain sustainable business practices while earning the trust and respect of their loyal customers.